Sunday, 12 June 2016

CELEBRATION...THE QUEEN'S BIRTHDAY..

                                   World © Geoff Wilkinson - All rights reserved


I came across this wonderful couple as I left the Gallery late this afternoon, I just had to stop and ask if I could take their picture. As you may know there had been a 'Patrons picnic lunch earlier in the day in The Mall in front of Buckingham Palace with 10,000 people attending. This couple were just returning when I spotted them, they are Dennis and Edna Stinchcombe, both MBE's by the way, from Bristol but   enjoying the delights of Wanstead for a few days. They are members of The Royal Society of St George, the Patron being Her Majesty the Queen as you can see by the flags and hampers they had a wonderful time despite the rain...

8 comments:

  1. They look so pleased! Must have enjoyed the Pimms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely and delightful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I can tell they had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cheerfully dressed for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful image of the nice couple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun Geoff.. when you're passionate about something you can't let something like the rain put you off :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That must be real royalists. ( I don't think King Harald and Queen Sonja have the same)
    I like the fact that she even put on a hat for the celebration.
    Must have been a very happy event, looks like a happy couple.

    ReplyDelete