Saturday 14 February 2015

VALENTINES DAY...

                  World © Geoff Wilkinson - All rights reserved


Yes... in case you haven't noticed it's Valentines Day. I'm not quite sure how this plays out in the rest of the world. I know it's popular in Canada, and I suspect the rest of the northern hemisphere but I don't know about the rest of the world. So please let me know if your country celebrates this romantic occasion. If you live in Europe and as this post goes live from 1am you still have plenty of time to rush out and find a florist if it's slipped your mind..


I photographed this display at Lillies of Wanstead, our local florist, as I walked along the High Street. What did I get my wife... ah, that's a secret.

8 comments:

  1. I did see at another photoblog earlier that apparently it's celebrated in Spain, but not Catalonia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How odd its one part of a country but not another.

      Delete
  2. Magnifique photo de ce joli coeur fleuri.
    Bonne saint Valentin.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Laurie, je suis content que vous l'aimez, Happy Valentines Day à vous.

      Delete
  3. I think it's grown on the French though I'm not too sure that they actually send 'anonymous' cards! This is a lovely shop window!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, it must be we have exported it across the Channel. This flower shop always has a great display, she is a very talented florist.

      Delete